LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT • PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT • COMMUNICATIONS TRAINING DESIGN • FACILITATION • EXECUTIVE PRESENTATIONS • HANDBOOKS
As the principal of Human Resource Design, Gloria Southerland has over 25 years of management consulting experience, primarily in the areas of leadership, talent development, performance management and customer service. She specializes in designing, developing and implementing customized programs, training, communications and learning tools, and with all crafted to address the unique business drivers and culture of each client. Gloria holds a BBA and an MBA degree in Human Resources/Organizational Communication from the University of Georgia. She is a guest lecturer for Kennesaw State University’s Executive MBA program and the co-author of the book Roadmap to Remarkable!
Sampling of Client Engagements
- Currently working with the authors of a principle-based leadership book to create guidebooks and training programs to reinforce the book’s key messages and formulas for being remarkable leaders and creating remarkable cultures.
- Created and launched a customized performance management program, leadership talent review process, and related training programs and communication tools for executives, managers and individual contributors at the corporate headquarters of a family-owned national quick-service chicken restaurant chain.
- Created and launched a comprehensive custom initiative to cultivate the marketing talent of a global consumer goods company. Designed and launched a competency and skill based development planning process and tools, supported with training for several hundred managers and employees.
- Developed and expanded the management and leadership curriculum for several global companies. Designed performance management tools and curriculum for all levels of leaders, ranging from front line supervisors to senior executives. Ensured each product strategically aligned with the company’s key objectives and long term strategic initiatives. Relevant projects included performance management training and system design, competency identification, rollout, training and communications, plus the development of competency-based recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training programs.
- Developed a performance management system and training for the Asia Pacific division of a global logistics company. Worked closely with the Asia Leadership team to help translate their business needs into HR strategies and programs, considering both internal and external culture sensitivities.
Other Professional Experience
- Guest Lecturer, Kennesaw State University Executive MBA program
- Adjunct Faculty, Kennesaw State University, Georgia State University, Mercer University HR Consultant, Flexel, Atlanta GA
- Director of Human Resources, Brigade Quartermasters, Ltd., Kennesaw GA
- Education & Certifications
- MBA, HR / Organizational Communication, University of Georgia, Athens, GA BBA, Human Resources Management, University of Georgia, Athens, GA Certified in Hogan Assessment Systems
- Certified in DISC Inventory
GLORIA@HUMANRESOURCEDESIGN.COM • WWW.HUMANRESOURCEDESIGN.COM • 404.786.0772